E-mail problems - General, formatting, HTML
E-mail problems - more.... Including security aspects
E-mail etiquette - and "netiquette" for non-profits, NGOs and SMBs
E-mail and IT abbreviations
AOL E-mail problems
And yes... these are all real questions...
N.B. This page was originally written with a marine history group, hosted by Queen's University, in mind. Other subjects, lists, will follow this format more or less, so YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).
Q. How do I create and maintain a message filter so that my E-mail client automatically matches criteria I set and files messages in a particular folder when they arrive.?A. This is the way to create Message Filters - specifically for MarHst-l - please send comments and suggestions to [e-mail us]
1. Go to "Special", "Make Filter" and click "Add Details" before you fill anything in.
2. In the "detailed" Filters Dialog box
- Match "Incoming", Header "Any Header", "contains" "MARHST-L"
- Action "Transfer to:", click on "In", New, and make a new box (not folder) "MarHst"
Netscape Messenger 4.7
1. In the Messenger window, choose Message Filters from the Edit menu.
2. In the Message Filters dialog box, click New.
- Type a name for the filter - eg "MarHst".
- Select the "Match" option you want - for example "Sender" "Contains" "MARHST-L"
- Click New Folder to create a new mail folder - eg "Move to folder" "New Folder", type in "Marhst", create as subfolder of "Local Mail"
- [optional] Type information about this filter in the Description field.
Netscape Mail 6.0
- To create a new destination folder for messages, in the Mail window right click Local Filters and choose "New Folder". In the "New Folder" dialog box box type in a Name: (e.g. MarHst)
- Choose Message Filters from the Edit menu
- In the "Message Filters" dialog box left click the "New" button.
- In the "Filter Rules" dialog box:a) type in a "Filter Name" (e.g. MarHst)
b) select the "match at least ONE of the following conditions" radio button
c) select "Sender" "Contains" and type in "MARHST-L"
d) under "Action" select "Move to Folder" and "Local Folders".
e) from the pop up menu attached to "Local Folders" select your preferred Folder.
- Back at the "Message Filters" dialog box click "OK"
[It has been suggested to use "the Inbox Assistant to direct all email addressed to 'MARHST-L@post.queensu.ca' to a seperate directory, but I can't find the "assistant".]
- Go to "Tools", "Message Rules", "Mail"
- Conditions: check "Where the from line contains people", then click on the blue "Contains peiople" in box 3, then fill in "MARHST-L@post.queensu.ca" and click OK
- In box 2. click on "Move it to the specified folder", then click on the blue "Specified folder" in Box; click on "New", type in "MarHst", click OK twice
- In box 4, name the rule "MarHst" and click OK
|2 December, 2000||Copyright © 1998
Stormy Weather SoftWare Ltd